LumaCyte is seeking an experienced instrumentation business development executive to manage our Netherlands based office and continue driving the rapid adoption of LumaCyte’s label-free single cell analysis technology and instrumentation in the European Union.
LumaCyte, LLC is biotechnology instrumentation designer and manufacturer with headquarters located in Charlottesville, Virginia. Our mission is to provide researchers with a transformational diagnostic tool that accelerates medical and pharmaceutical discoveries through novel single cell analysis and sorting. We provide hardware and software solutions that enable cell biologists, biomedical researchers, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to characterize, select, and sort cells of interest in a label-free platform, where the use of antibody or genetic labelling is not required. Applications of LumaCyte’s Laser Force Cytology (LFC) platform include viral infectivity for vaccine R&D and manufacturing, cancer biology R&D, immuno-cell therapy (CAR-T and TCR), infectious disease and pre-clinical drug discovery. LFC also has broad application in biomanufacturing process optimization.
LumaCyte is seeking an experienced instrumentation business development executive to continue driving the rapid adoption of LumaCyte’s label-free single cell analysis technology and instrumentation in the European Union. In this role she/he will be involved in finding and interacting with customers, coordinating instrument demonstrations, handling purchase requests, office management, and providing post sale customer support. This role will leverage the candidate’s deep scientific understanding and experience with cell-based assays, along with an external focus on customer relationships that help to drive LFC adoption across the biopharma R&D and biomanufacturing sectors.
Core responsibilities include:
- Understanding Laser force Cytology and communicating value to customers
- Managing customer relationships and sales/service activities
- Travel for customer demos, training, and technology presentations
- Maintaining high level of credibility and respect within the scientific community
Our ideal candidate has experience with instrumentation sales and service, and will provide sales and application support to our customers. She/he has an outgoing personality and enjoys working closely with people (customers and team members). The ideal candidate is also a self-starter that is very motivated to manage customer interactions and sales efforts throughout the evaluation and buying cycle.
- Manage sales leads and follow ups, customer presentations, instrument demonstrations, and applications support
- Manage office operations, instrument installations, training and support for customers in the field – travel required
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, researching and contributing to scientific literature, establishing professional networks, and participating in professional societies
- Scientific writing in the form of tech notes, peer reviewed articles, poster presentations and posts in LumaCyte’s blog, The-Cyte.com
Skills & Requirements
- PhD. in virology, immunotherapy, biology, bioengineering, or a related discipline
- Position based in the Netherlands
- 3-5 years’ experience selling life science instrumentation
- Demonstrated sales performance
- Detailed knowledge of virology and virological methods including the plaque assay, TCID50, neutralization assays, functional cell-based assays, cell culture. Experience in cell therapy (CAR-T immunotherapy) a plus.
- Ability and desire to work with cutting edge instrumentation in a laboratory and customer facing setting
- Experience in customer support and field service
- Familiarity with Salesforce software
- Diverse communication skills including the ability to interface with a wide variety of customers and application spaces within the biotechnology and biomedical industry
- Proven self-starter, good interpersonal and time management skills, and enjoys working in a fast paced, team focused environment
Apply for Technical Sales Executive
Have a account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.